Software Outsourcing has long passed the fad or buzzword stage. It is here to stay as an IT trend which has evolved, grown, matured and is living up to and outgrowing its potential. Especially with companies that wish to cut costs while gaining access to world-class software engineers, it is no more an option but a smart decision. One of the strongest factors that attracts most of the companies worldwide to the outsourcing industry is the significant savings attached to an software outsourcing project. On an average, companies report 40% to 60% increase in net savings with the help of Offshore IT Outsourcing.
Key benefits of software outsourcing :
• Cost Efficiency Labor cost savings may reach up to 90% for routine low-level tasks as compared with in-house development in North America and Western Europe.
• Significant reduction of development time and, thus, speed-to-market becomes invaluable advantage in a present-day competitive environment.
• Availability of trained IT staff Immediate access to a large pool of best industry talents allows overcoming hiring gap for IT professionals in the developed countries.
• Flexible manpower utilization By using outsourcing model company cuts down its housing, recruiting and training expenses.
• Development risk minimization Proven development process and quality management system.
• No up-front investments No up-front investments on the customer’s part.